Stop apple slices from turning brown, infuse them with doTERRA Essential Oils!
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Resting time: 30 minutes
- 1 red apple
- Cold water
- 1 drop of food grade essential oil
- Cut apples into desired pieces. I prefer to keep the skin on, and I slice the apples quite thick, making about 3 slices per quarter. They look better with the contrasting skin colour when served.
- Place cut apples in a glass bowl. Cover with cold water (fridge temperature).
- Add 1 drop per whole apple of food grade essential oil. I love using doTERRA Lemon or doTERRA OnGuard blend for the cinnamon & clove work perfectly with apples. Other citrus such as Grapefruit, Wild Orange, or Bergamot are also delicious.
- Cover and keep refrigerated for 30 minutes (maximum 1 hour). Do not soak for too long or the apple flesh will go mushy!
- Drain the apples. They are ready to eat. Their flesh will be delicately infused with the essential oil flavour, and they will remain looking fresh for longer!
- Why not drink the drained water? You will benefit from the fruit’s nutrients that have gone into the water and the essential oil.
Recipe credited to Food Alchemy