Simple and natural mould killing recipe
- Mixing time: 5 minutes
- Resting time: overnight
- 1 tsp Clove essential oil
- 1 tsp Vodka
- 1 litre water
- Combine clove essential oil and vodka in a glass container. Shake well, cover and leave to stand overnight.
- The next morning combine the oil and vodka mixture with the water in a squirt bottle (preferably a glass bottle).
- Shake well before use. Spray as required on the mouldy area (bathroom tiles, shower, grout etc.), leave to soak for a few minutes before scrubbing with brush or non-scratch scourer and rinse off.
Note: the mould spores will no longer be active but the grout may still look stained. If this is the case then continue with the step below.
- Wait until the area has dried thoroughly and brush a small amount of undiluted hydrogen peroxide (6%) onto the stains. Hydrogen peroxide can be purchased from the chemist; ask for the 6% dilution (standard dilution is 3%).
Recipe credited to Mums Angels