Experience a calm, confident and positive birth with the offical HypnoBirthing© The Mongan Method 5 weeks course for parents.
HypnoBirthing Course teaches a unique method of relaxed, natural childbirth education enhanced by relaxation, self‑hypnosis and guided visualisations that allow women to call upon their natural abilities to bring their babies into this world in safer, easier, and more comfortable birthing.
The Course helps alleviate the fear of giving birth and its often associated excruciating pain when the body tenses, stresses, and becomes unable to perform what should be (in most cases) a natural physiological function.
HypnoBirthing teaches a woman how to release all prior emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and resistant muscles. When giving birth with HypnoBirthing, a mother is not in a trance or asleep but instead in a state of deep relaxation—awake, aware, and fully in control.
Birth is unpredictable, so approaching birth informed is essential. The HypnoBirthing course helps you approach birth informed and prepared for whatever turn your birthing takes.
Best time to start the HypnoBirthing© Course
The ideal time to start the Course is when you are between 20-30 weeks into your pregnancy, so you have ample time to integrate the practice before baby arrives. If you are further along than that, and especially if you are 35+ weeks, please contact me for special time arrangements can be made. We can get you ready right in time!
A bonding experience for couples
The HypnoBirthing course is for couples or for expectant mothers and their birth support people. Something very unique about the program and HypnoBirthing© Educators is that we are dedicated to ensuring that this education experience is special for both the expectant mother and father/partner.
Data shows that HypnoBirthing mums have
- Fewer interventions and surgical births
- Decreased use of oxytocics or AROM
- Shorter first and second-phase labor
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- Lessened or eliminated need for analgesia
- Happier and content mothers and babies
- Babies alert; able to nurse almost immediately
- Fewer cases of post-partum depression reported
- Infants with higher than average APGAR scores
- Teaches you deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and pain
- Gives dad / partner or birth companion an integral role in the birthing
- Teaches you and your birthing partner how to work alongside your birthing team to achieve the birth you desire
- Shortens the first phase of labour by several hours
- Leaves you feeling alert, fresh and awake with energy during your labour
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby whatever turn their birthing takes
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches you breathing techniques that allows you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing
- Allows you and your partner to approach birth and parenting informed and empowered
You Will Learn The Six Techniques of HypnoBirthing
- Self Hypnosis / Deepenings
These techniques taught in ‘The Mongan Method’ are performed over a series of five confidence- building classes. Parents learn what makes labour painful; but more importantly, they learn the logic behind why labour doesn’t have to hurt and what they can do about it. Mums and their birth companions study the physical and chemical changes that occur over a period of time when fear and anxiety are allowed to accumulate. This awareness of the fight, flight, or freeze response helps them to choose calm. They practice exercises in class, designed to help them see the relationship between fear and the possibility of pain. Armed with this knowledge, the pattern of calming techniques and steps that they learn helps them to create endorphins and avoid the effect of the negative hormones that cause their bodies to constrict, rather than open.
The course is composed of five classes of 2.5h duration each.
- Session 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
- Session 2: Falling in Love With Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
- Session 3: Ready to Welcome your Baby
- Session 4: Childbirth, A Labour of Love
- Session 5: Birthing, Breathing Love, Bringing Life
These exercises become life skills that also shore up their parenting skills.
The overall effect is that birthing parents are better able to appreciate the benefits of calm, gentle birthing, making the experience a joyful one for mother, baby, and birth companion—benefits that can last a lifetime.
The five-week series includes a textbook, relaxation Mp3’s, a parents’ handout and everything you need to know to reconnect with your birthing instincts and create an amazing birthing experience.
Classes are held ONLINE for everyone’s safety and convenience. You can participate from the comfort of your own home.
Ongoing support is the key to success
When you book into our course you won’t be waved goodbye and good luck at the end of the 5 sessions, as each of our Educators gives you an ongoing continuity of care, which means you will have continued support up until the birth, and post-natally. We want to ensure that you have understood and adapted all of the techniques, and have support for any circumstances that may arise. This level of nurturing and care, is something you won’t get from an online course, or other courses. We pride ourselves in a more personal approach to support parents through this wonderful experience of pregnancy and birth, and helps you settle into that delicate time after birth feeling supported.
HypnoBirthing supports you however you decide to birth
We educate and prepare you for a positive birth experience. Birth is unpredictable, and we give you tools and techniques to be prepared for any scenario in birth, so that you can make the best decisions and lead the birth down a road that is not intervened unnecessarily. If you are required to have a caesarean, our course is still relevant to you, and we have lots of resources and materials to support you for any special circumstance. In the HypnoBirthing International program, you will learn about all your options. We support couples wherever they choose to birth, and however they choose to birth.
About Your HypnoBirthing© Educator
Nathalie is a Certified HypnoBirthing© Child Birth Educator by HypnoBirthing© International.