Derived from the wood of the precious Japanese Hinoki tree, Hinoki essential oil is beneficial to the skin and has a beautiful aroma. Frequently used in personal care products, Hinoki oil is soothing to the skin and can also be incorporated into a relaxing massage. In addition to its skin benefits, the woody, balsamic scent of Hinoki oil can help create a calm environment when diffused. This fresh aroma also makes Hinoki oil popular for use in perfumes, and the Japanese commonly use it in baths for a relaxing aroma.
For centuries, the wood of the Hinoki tree has been used to build shrines and temples across Japan, and is still used today in the timber industry. While Hinoki is a prized resource, its wood has been over-populating areas of Japan for years. Seeing an environmental and economic need, doTERRA has partnered with groups in Japan to use the timber industry’s by-product of Hinoki wood to create this beautiful essential oil. Through the Hinoki Co-Impact Sourcing effort, doTERRA not only contributes to Japan’s forest management programs, but also creates needed jobs across rural Japan—ensuring that this unique, premium oil continues to give back to the people of its native land.
- Massage into the feet, back, and/or chest prior to bedtime for a calming aroma
- Add two to three drops to bathwater for a relaxing aroma at the end of a long day
- Rub two drops into the palms of your hands and inhale deeply for a comforting aroma
- Add one drop to your moisturizer for a soothing effect in your skincare routine
- Add four to five drops to your hardwood floor cleaner for a woody, fresh scent
Pairs well with
Aromatic Description: Fresh, woody, balsamic
For external use only. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.