Brand New 10th Edition 2018/2019 – Updated with all products launched at doTERRA Convention US Sep 2018
This popular hardcover book has just got better! Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is amazingly practical for anyone wanting to learn about essential oils and their everyday uses. It is the ultimate guide, whether you are a new or an experienced essential oils user.
The simple, easy-to-use format has been improved in this Edition to help you quickly find the important information: which essential oils to use for hundreds of health conditions ranging from minor scratches and burns to cancer and dementia; how to safely and effectively apply them; and ways to incorporate them into daily living.
This book is an indispensable reference for any aromatherapy library.
What’s new in the 10th Edition
- Authorized use of dōTERRA®brand names.
- New oils: green mandarin, hinoki, lemon myrtle, magnolia, pink pepper, star anise, turmeric, yarrow, and yuzu.
- New blends: yarrow pom and 6 formulations just for kids.
- New health conditions: chilblains (lupus), GERD (acid reflux), Lyme disease, and opioid and technology addictions.
- Over 1,300 research references and all the latest studies.
Features of the 10th Edition:
- Simple, spacious page designs featuring more full-color photographs, descriptive charts, and illustrations.
- “Simple Solutions”—over 150 condition-specific recipes, blends, and tips in “My Usage Guide” section.
- “My Usage Guide” organised alphabetically for hundreds of common disorders—like acne—and serious diseases—like diabetes.
- Easy-to-understand definitions after each medical condition in “My Usage Guide.”
- “Essential Oil Basics” chapter outlining application and safety fundamentals for novice and experienced essential oil users.
- Expanded, separate “Essential Living” chapter containing lifestyle ideas and recipes for personal care, children, cleaning, cooking, nutrition, and exercise.
- Interchangeable blend recipes for personal and home care in “Essential Living” chapter.
- Separate section for essential-oil inspired “Personal Care and Spa” products.
- Body systems symbol throughout the book to highlight different body systems affected by the oils.
- Section on “Plants and Essential Oils”—why and how plants create essential oils.d
- “Single Essential Oils” and “Essential Oil Blends” sections with “Quick Facts” box for simple reference on the basics of any oil or blend.
- Listings of all of the essential oils and blends with chemical constituents, historical uses, application suggestions, safety data, and more.
- “Essential Oil Science In Depth” chapter enhancing knowledge with illustrations and explanations on essential oils, benefits, safety information, and more.
- Hundreds of research studies as footnote references throughout the book.
- Illustrated charts for auricular points, reflex hand and foot therapy, the autonomic nervous system, and more.
- “My Notes on Essential Oils and Blends” section with blank pages for personal observations and references (after the sections on “Single Essential Oils,” “Essential Oil Blends,” and “Essential Supplements”).
Publication: September 2018, 10th Edition
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Science and Application of Essential Oils
- An Introduction to Essential Oils
- A Brief History of Essential Oils
- Topical Application
- Auricular Internal Body Points
- Reflexology Hand and Foot Charts
- Balancing Touch Massage Technique
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Aromatic Application
- Nose and Olfactory System
- The Art of Blending
- Internal Application
Single Essential Oils
Essential Oil Blends
Essential Living and Spa
Personal Care and Spa
My Usage Guide
- How to Use This Section
- Dilution Reference Chart
- Body Systems
- Additional Notes on Using Essential Oils
- My Usage Guide
- Bath and Shower
- Personal Care
- Waking up/Energising
- Diffuser Blends
- First Aid
- Essential Oils and Cooking
- Nutrition and Essential Oils
- Exercise and Essential Oils
Essential Oil Science in Depth
- How Essential Oils interact with the body
- Plants and Essential Oils
- Ensuring Essential Oils Purity and Quality
- Essential Oils Constituents
Appendix and References
- Appendix A: Body Systems Chart
- Appendix B: Single Essential Oils Property Chart
- Appendix C: Essential Oil and Blend Property Chart
- Appendix D: Taxonomical Information
- Research References
My Notes on Essential Oils and Blends
A MUST HAVE BOOK for beginners and experienced essential oils users alike!